speech Topic (Choose one of the two topics below)
- How has your exposure to Korean culture or history impacted you?
- For Korean-American students, what does it mean to be a Korean-American living in the U.S. today - socially, culturally and/or psychologically? What important or unique contribution can you make to Korea, the Korean-American community, and the United States? 나의 Korean-American 정체성: 한국계 미국인인 나의 문화적, 사회적, 심리적 현실/경험. 나는 미국에 어떤 남다른/중요한 공헌을 할 수 있을까?
- For non-Korean-American students, how has your interaction with Korean culture, history or Korean-American individuals impacted you? What has been the most poignant aspect of that experience or knowledge and how has it changed your thoughts, feelings, and attitude toward Korea, Koreans, and global community?
- Discuss the escalating tension between the United States and North Korea: Its impact on global politics and the prospect of reunification of the divided Korean Peninsula. 고조된 미국과 북한 사이의 긴장/갈등: 이것이 세계 정치에 미치는 영향과 분단된 한반도의 통일의 가능성에 미치는 영향
final submission deadline extended!
March 4th, 2018 @MIDNIGHT EST
- Please save name of your file as word doc in following format: "2018 First Name_Last Name" Ex. 2018 Yuna Lee
- Please add a title at the beginning of your manuscript Ex. "My Childhood in Korea"
- Eligibility : Students in grades 9-12
- Language: English
- Length of Speech : 4-6 minutes
Kyung Gi Award (1 person) : $1,200
1st Award (1 person) : $1,000
2nd Award (2 people) : $ 500
3rd Award (3 people) : $ 300
Maehwa Award (Best Research/Manuscript Award) : $ 300
Finalists (4-6 persons) : $ 100
- Date: April 28, 2018 (Saturday) at 10:00 am
- Location : Korean Community Center (at 100 Grove St., Tenafly, NJ)